ROSULfan D is an anionic surfactant which is the sodium salt of sulphated decyl alcohol. It comes in concentrations ranging from 35% to 37% of the active ingredient in aqueous solution. The advantage of the product is its ability to eliminate increased viscosity and related problems in dispensing systems. This is possible due to the low tendency of the product to gel in electrolyte solutions. The product is colourless but can also appear as a light yellow liquid. It is characterised by excellent foaming properties. Owing to these properties, it can generate high and stable foams, with small bubble diameters, even in mixtures containing hard water.
Due to its very good foaming properties, ROSULfan D is successfully used in the construction industry as an aerating additive in the manufacture of plasterboard. The product is also a very effective additive to drilling muds used in tunnelling processes. The wetting and foaming properties of ROSULfan D are of particular value here. High foaming and wetting properties also determine the effectiveness of the product’s use as an additional foam stabiliser in the formulations of active washing agents used in self-service car washes.
The product is also a highly effective and efficient component of synthetic extinguishing agents. It is the basic foaming agent here. What is important, the product works perfectly in combination with other surfactants offered by the PCC Group. The product can be used as a component of alkaline fire extinguishing agents with tolerance to lye solution with a concentration of up to 90 g/l.
ROSULfan D is a surfactant that is easily biodegradable in the natural environment. The product complies with the biodegradability criteria as laid down in Regulation (EC) No 648/2004 on detergents.
- excellent foaming properties,
- it forms high and stable foams with small bubble diameter,
- low susceptibility to gelling,
- high efficiency in hard water,
- very good wetting and aerating properties,
- easy handling of the product,
- effectiveness under alkaline and acidic pH conditions,
- the product is easily biodegradable,
- the product complies with the biodegradability criteria as laid down in Regulation (EC) No 648/2004 on detergents.
- construction industry – foaming agent in the manufacturing process of plasterboard,
- extinguishing media,
- drilling industry – drilling muds,
- anti-foaming agent in formulations for car care products.