Calcium hypochlorite, colloquially and customarily referred to as chlorinated lime, is actually an inorganic salt of hypochlorous acid (Ca (ClO) 2). Occurs in the form of a highly hygroscopic white powder. Like related compounds from the hypochlorite group, it is a strong oxidant. Moisture, exposure to high temperatures, contact with combustible substances and other organic compounds must be strictly avoided in transport and storage. In extreme cases, contact with organic substances may lead to the mixture igniting. Moisture emits chlorine gas, which is dangerous to human and animal health. The product may self-degrade during storage, spontaneously emitting chlorine gas into the environment.
Calcium hypochlorite has strong biocidal properties, which on the one hand make it an ideal component of disinfectant solutions, but on the other hand it is very toxic to aquatic organisms. Under no circumstances should it be released into the environment.
It is used to make disinfectant solutions that fight against algae, bacteria and fungi. It is used in substances intended for the disinfection of drinking and technological water, equipment, tools, containers and vessels in the food and feed industry and the HoReCa industry, used to protect water or other working liquids in water cooling and processing systems. Fights pests harmful in these technologies such as microorganisms, algae, mussels and other.
Warning! Calcium hypochlorite is a dangerous substance. Even in solid form, it may be irritating to the skin, eyes and respiratory tract. Use appropriate personal protective equipment when using caustic soda or its aqueous solutions.
- CHEMICAL NAME Calcium chlorate (I), calcium hypochlorite
- CAS / Formula 7778-05-3 / Ca (ClO) 2
- Molar mass 142.98 g / mol
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS External appearance …….. white solid to light gray
- Active chlorine content min. 24%
- Humidity max. 10%
- Density 0.6-0.9 g / cm3
- STORAGE Store in airtight containers, protected from
- light, preferably at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C.
- The raw material retains its properties, if any
- stored in a cool and dry environment.
- VALIDITY PERIOD 12 months from the date of production.
Description automatically translated, binding is the Polish language version.